Design Miami 2012 was a happy confluence of outstanding design galleries, glorious collaborations, rousing conversations and amazing, highly collectible pieces.
As the latest press release states:
“The eighth edition of Design Miami saw record attendance and robust sales throughout its six-day run in Miami, Florida from December 4-9, 2012. Thirty-six of the world’s leading galleries presented contemporary and historic design, which sold well among the 31,000 design collectors and enthusiasts who attended the fair.”
More pics and highlights after the jump…
My Design Miami 2012 favorites were:
- Perrier-Jouët & Glithero – Drawing inspiration from the historic Perrier-Jouët Maison Belle Epoque, Glithero has designed an installation that celebrates this great house’s Art Nouveau heritage – a refuge of peace and serenity,
- Design Talks: Design Pioneers – This year’s talks with Diane von Furstenberg and Pharell Williams were standouts,
- Swarovski Crystal Palace x Asif Khan – 1.3 million crystals created an “ice halo” of staggering brilliance,
- R18 Ultra Chair – Developed by Audi’s Lightweight Design Center and by Clemens Weisshaar and Reed Kram, the R18 Ultra Chair looked fantastic next to it’s inspiration, the Le Mans 2011 winning Audi R18 TDI,
- Design Galleries: Gallerie BSL – No picture can do the “Rough Sea” Screen by Taher Chemirik justice – it was breathtakingly gorgeous,
- Design Performances: Transformations by Maarten de Ceulaer presented by Fendi – Belgian designer Maarten de Ceulaer used the Fendi’s Pequin motif to create handmade leather planks that are not only beautifully crafted, but easy to lay on also !
Looking forward to Design Miami 2013 !