Here is my Design Miami 2012 Must See List !
- Perrier-Jouët & Glithero – Drawing inspiration from the Maison Belle Epoque, the historic Perrier-Jouët house in Epernay France which houses original works by some of the greatest Art Nouveau masters, Glithero has designed an installation that celebrates this great house’s Art Nouveau heritage.
- Design Talks: Design Pioneers – The phenomenal Design Talks Program this year includes some of the design world’s key leaders: Diane von Furstenberg, Pharell Williams, Vito Acconci, Wendell Castle and Asif Khan.
- R18 Ultra Chair – Developed by Audi’s Lightweight Design Center and by Clemens Weisshaar and Reed Kram, the R18 Ultra Chair will be shown with its inspiration the Le Mans 2011 winning Audi R18 TDI.
- Design Galleries: Didier LTD – My love for and appreciation of jewelry knows no bounds, so I am very excited that Didier LTD London will be exhibiting unique and fabulous pieces from the 1940’s-1980’s by such masters as Louise Nevelson, Pablo Picasso, Salvador Dali and Roy Lichtenstein.
- Design Galleries: MarkMcDonald – I have Eames itch that I will be scratching viewing the Eames pieces exhibited here.
- Design Performances: Transformations by Maarten de Ceulaer presented by Fendi – Drawing from the Fendi’s archives, Belgian designer Maarten de Ceulaer uses the fabled house’s Pequin motif to create handmade leather planks that can be made into spectacular compositions.
- Design Satellites – Design Miami’s unique exhibitions with cutting edge contemporary designers, businesses and design institutions.